Cliffs Notes: Missing (or not missing) "traditional" teamwork as we've gone remote or gone solo; mistaking fear of collaboration with pride; making sure everyone has enough of their own lane to work in; our collaborative gifts; working together vs. working against each other, even when you have the same goal; the danger of corporate land grabs; delighting yourself as much as you do your audiences; and seven critical questions to help you be a more thoughtful collaborator.
SEVEN QUESTIONS FOR BETTER COLLABORATION:
1. Could I repeat back what this person is saying to me?
2. Am I waiting to speak because I want to talk about myself, or because I want to thoughtfully respond to what my conversation partner is saying?
3. Am I taking notes? Who's the subject in those notes - me, the other person or the project?
4. What can my doodles tell me?
5. What is the problem we are all trying to solve?
6. What will I accomplish by saying "no"?
7. Am I being respectful of others' time and resources?